Homes which have a high ceiling or roof structure and a lot of space know how well a chandelier would look in a room. Chandeliers do not only provide great lighting, but it’s also a superb decor as well. As a homeowner, most people want something unique in their home. So when it comes a unique-looking chandelier, an antler chandelier will always deliver results like no other. It is said that no two chandeliers made of antlers could ever be alike. Lofts, ski homes, and houses with a western accent, are the best venues for these unique chandeliers.
Here are a couple of things to keep in mind, in case you are eying one of these chandeliers for your home:
- The first step before you purchase antler chandeliers is to measure the room where you will place it in. You must take note that this particular chandelier should be proportionate to the room. The ratio of measurement of the chandelier to the room would be 2 inches in diameter for every foot with regards to the total area of the room.
- It is important that you know how bright and how much light that you need. It is common for most individuals to have around 200-400 watts in total. It is highly suggested to have a dimmer switch to be able to adjust the brightness of the light.
- There are two types of antlers and it is important that you familiarize yourself with the two. Natural and manufactured are the two types that you will need to consider for they have a wide range of difference. The natural ones are made of resin. They are solid and dense just like a bone plus they exhibit different colors and shape. Manufactured or cast ones weigh less and tends to be uniform in color.
- For your gauge of quality you must make sure that you check all the wires and screws. All must be hidden inside the antlers and its socket covers must be made from antler pieces. For your safety check all parts and make sure that they are UL listed.
- You must equip yourself with the necessary knowledge about the deer antler chandelier to get the best out of your money. There are different grades of these chandeliers and each one varies in appearance and quality. But quality wise it is best that you avoid chandeliers made from antlers if they are of grade 3 or 4.
-Find out where to get cheap chandeliers.